What is Indocoin?
Indocoin (IDC) is a cryptocurrency similar to Litecoin and Dogecoin, originally launched in 2014. It is currently extremely easy to mine, which makes it an attractive option for those of us who missed out the explosion in price of several other coins. It is a relatively unknown coin currently, which will hopefully change with more mining, more users, and more transactions. To read up on the coin’s launch, visit the BitcoinTalk thread. Now that you’re intrigued, let’s get your wallet set up and start mining!
Please follow the guide below for setting up your wallet and starting CPU mining for Indocoin. If you prefer to mine with your GPU–which will typically earn you more coins, if you have the right hardware–scroll down to get additional instructions.
- Go to https://www.indocoin.cash/setup.html
- Download Indocoin-easy.zip
- Unzip Indocoin-easy.zip
- In your new, unzipped Indocoin-easy folder, launch indocoin-qt.exe
(You may get a security warning. If so, select “Run.”)
(Your firewall may block access. If so, select “Allow access.”)
- When indocoin-qt launches and you see the glorious red and silver falcon of monetary rebirth displayed like this, close the program.
- Run startwallet.bat.
- Your Indocoin Wallet should look like this. Notice that it is now “synchronizing with network.” Hold your mouse over this area to check its progress. This may take some time!
- Once your wallet is fully synchronized, it will look like this. Congratulations! You have earned a coveted green checkmark!
- You may now begin mining for Indocoin and join the ranks of the elite IDC millionaires. Run startmining.bat. It will look similar to this:
- Watch for successfully mined IDC to be added to your wallet! There is no fixed amount of time that this will take–be patient!
- Follow steps 1-8 above.
- Return to https://www.indocoin.cash/setup.html and download this file.
- Unzip “cgminer run start use indocoin.conf in here.zip”
- Close your wallet.
- Copy indocoin.conf from your unzipped cgminer folder, then paste it in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Indocoin. Replace the old indocoin.conf file.
- Run startwallet.bat again. (Make sure you still have the green checkmark!)
- In your unzipped cgminer folder, run start.bat.
- Your miner should look something like this. Soon, your mining will be successful and you will have new IDC showing in indocoin-qt.
If you have any questions, please be sure to join the Indocoin 2.0 Facebook group! We will send you some IDC to help you get started and test that your wallet is setup properly. Happy mining!